- Deep-fry vermicelli according to instructions.
- Trim edges of each lettuce leaf to form a bowl shape.
- Combine pork, oyster sauce and corn flour.
- Heat wok, add oil. Add sausage and mushroom; stir-fry for 30 secs. Add pork mixture and hoisin sauce; stir-fry for 5 mins.
- Add spring onion, combine well.
- Fill lettuce cups with stir-fried mixture. Garnish with extra spring onion and deep-fried vermicelli. Serve.
- To eat, fold over bottom edge of lettuce to cover filling, fold in the sides; roll up to make a parcel.
- Hint: For the filling, minced chicken or quail can be substituted for pork. For a completely vegetarian version, minced water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and Chinese mushrooms make a delicious substitute for meat.