- Combine the chilli paste ingredients in a food processor or blender until it is a fine paste.
- Stir fry the prawn heads and shells with 3 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the ⅔ of spice paste, chicken stock, taucheo, assam paste and hot water.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Boil for 30 mins.
- Cook the prawns in the gravy.
- Add 3 tbsp oil to the pan and add the minced dried shrimps, frying until fragrant.
- Add the remaining spice paste and bee hoon.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add the beansprouts and fry until the chilli paste has coated the bee hoon.
- Divide into the desired portions, ensuring that the gravy covers the noodles.
- Top with the hard-boiled eggs, tau gua, prawns, chives and optional garnishings.