- Mix pork belly with marinade and leave overnight in fridge. Wash and soak black glutinous rice overnight. Drain. Wash and soak glutinous rice and mung beans separately in water for about 2 hrs. Drain. Mix black glutinous rice and glutinous rice with seasoning mix. Mix mung beans with sesame oil.
- Soak dumpling leaves and wrapping straws in water for 2 hrs. Boil for 10 mins before use. Drain.
- Use dumpling leaves to form a hollow. Spread a layer of mixed glutinous rice over dumpling leaves. Spread a layer of mung beans on rice. Put 1 heaped tbsp Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce, pork belly, some peanuts, some dried shrimps, 1 salted egg yolk and 1 Chinese mushroom on mung beans as filling. Spread another layer of mung beans and mixed rice to cover the filling. Cover the dumpling with another dumpling leaf. Fold the leaves to form dumpling shape. Wrap the two ends with straw to secure. Repeat the steps to form 10 dumplings altogether.
- Put all dumplings in a big pot of boiling water. Ensure all dumplings are immersed in water. Cook for about 2½ hrs until dumplings are cooked. Drain.
- Remove dumpling leaves. Serve hot with either sweet soy sauce or sugar.