- Combine the 2 tbsp of water with the red food colouring in a bowl and mix well.
- Peel and cut the water chestnuts in to small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the water chestnuts to the red colouring liquid and coat evenly. Allow to sit for 10 mins.
- Stir in half of the tapioca flour and mix until all of the chestnuts are coated.
- Remove from the bowl and shake off the extra flour.
- Spray some water on the chestnuts before coating a second time with the remaining flour.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and carefully place the water chestnuts in to the pot to cook for roughly 1 min.
- In another small saucepan, combine the coconut milk syrup ingredients and heat through until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, take off the heat and allow to cool down before serving.
- To serve the dessert, pour some of the coconut syrup into a bowl before placing some of the water chestnuts and crushed ice.