To Make Pickled Mango
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add in sugar, stir to dissolve, then remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, add rice wine vinegar, fish sauce and salt, and stir through. Adjust taste to your preference.
- Place green mango slices into a sterilised jar, then pour cooled pickling liquid to cover mango.
- Place jar in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
To Make Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, add fish sauce and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add in dried chilli flakes, roasted rice powder, shallots and sliced chillies, and stir through.
- Set aside for 15 mins.
- To serve, remove green mango from pickling liquid and serve with dipping sauce.