- In a small pot of boiling water, blanch the spinach for about 45 to 60 seconds. When they have begun to wilt, remove the from the pot, drain and rinse them and then pat them dry using paper towels.
- Combine the garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds in to a small zip lock bag along with the drained spinach. Sealed the bag and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- To prepare the mushrooms, cut them either lengthwise or cut them in to small round sections about 2 to 3 centimetres in length.
- Score the mushroom slices on one side and then season with salt and pepper prior to cooking.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the oil and allow it to heat up before adding in the mushrooms. When one side has become golden brown, flip it over and do the same for the other side.
- When cooked, remove from the heat and season again with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange some of the marinated spinach on a plate and top with the mushrooms.