- Pound all the marinade ingredients into a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the marinade paste and ground pork together until fully and evenly incorporated. Add in the kaffir lime leaves, chopped cilantro, and chopped spring onions and massage into the ground pork. Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once marinated, divide the pork into 5 portions equally.
- Place one portion of the marinated pork onto some plastic cling wrap and mould it into a cylindrical shape by rolling and pinching both ends so it is compact. Tie both ends up with wire ties to keep it compact.
- Prepare baking tray (best if the tray has some holes with another tray underneath so the juices from the sausages will not be stewing the sausages). Remove sausages from plastic cling wrap and place on tray. Bake sausages at 180°C for 30-45 mins. Alternatively, if you don’t have a tray with holes, cook the sausages on an oiled tray for 25 mins or until they firm up, then transfer them onto a wire rack and continue to bake until completely cooked (around 45 mins), turning them over throughout for even browning.
- Remove cooked sausages from the oven and let them cool to room temperature before slicing.
- Serve Sai Ua with sliced carrots, cucumbers and cilantro.