- Soak the dried shrimps in water for 10-15 mins until they soften. Drain and place into food processer to process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Peel shallots and garlic and finely chop them separately in the food processor. Spoon out and set aside.
- Soak the dried chillies in warm water until they soften. Chop them up roughly, remove the seeds and blend with 1-2 tbsp water until a paste is formed.
- Add 3 tbsp cooking oil into a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add chopped shallots and garlic, and fry until it’s fragrant. Add chilli paste and stir-fry for 2-3 mins, or until the liquid has dried up. Add the chopped shrimp and continue cooking for another 10-15 mins until the mixture darkens and becomes dry. Dish out and set aside to cool.
- Carefully separate the spring roll wrappers and evenly divide and cut each piece into 9 small squares.
- To wrap the mini spring rolls, place a small amount of shrimp mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold on the left and right corners, followed by the bottom corner to for a parcel. Then, roll upwards to enclose. Use your finger to dab some beaten egg on the last corner of the wrapper to seal the roll. Repeat until all the wrappers or filling is used up.
- In a frying pan, add 2-3cm of oil and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot enough, add the mini rolls to the frying pan to cook for about 2-3 mins, or until they are golden brown. Fry in small batches for better control of the heat. Strain the mini rolls using a spider or a strainer, and drain well on paper towels.
- Set aside to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.