- Soak the shiitake mushroom in hot water for 20 mins until the mushrooms have softened and finely chop. Keep the water for making the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into 8 squares, and use a measuring spoon to make a deep hole in the center.
- For the stuffing, mix together the pork mince, mushroom, spring onion, garlic and ½ tbsp potato starch, a little salt and white pepper for taste.
- Use the teaspoon to fill up the tofu with stuffing, heat up the oil in the fry pan with medium high heat.
- Put the stuffed tofu into the fry pan , cook until golden brown, arrange them in the tagine.
- For making the sauce, mix the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cooking sake and the mushroom water together. Pour the sauce mix into tagine, cover with lid, cook with low heat for 15 mins.
- Mix ½ tbsp potato starch with 1 tbsp cold water, pour over the tofu, cover with the lid and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with chilli, spring onion and broccoli just before serving.