- Rub massaman curry paste and kecap manis into fillet steak and leave to marinate while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Grate potatoes and rub pepper and salt through the mix thoroughly. Put aside in a colander to allow the salt to draw moisture from the potato.
- Chop simple salad ingredients and place on serving plate, then drizzle with a little lemon juice and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- Chop onions and fry over medium heat in oil until they soften. Then stir through brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Place onions on the serving plate, wipe out the frypan and heat up some more oil.
- Squeeze the potatoes to remove as much moisture as possible then melt a small amount of butter in the microwave and mix through the potato. Press firmly to make four flat patties. These do hold together in the oil if you are gentle, but don’t worry if a few ‘fly away’ pieces of potato appear in your pan. They will firm up enough to flip over once they start to change colour. Once cooked, place on a piece of paper towel to drain, while you cook the meat.
- Using the same oil you used for the potatoes, place the marinated meat into the fry pan.
- In a microwave-proof cup, heat up the peanut butter, the coconut milk and the sambol oelek. (If you don’t like chillies, you could leave the last ingredient out).