- Pre-heated oven to 160c.
- Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan and brown the lamb shanks well. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté the onion in the pan 2-3 mins then stir in the massaman curry paste and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Stir in the stock, coconut milk, cashew nuts, chilli, coconut sugar and squid fish sauce. Return the Lamb shanks to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and slow cook in the pre-heated oven for 90 mins until shanks are soft.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh diced tomato, coriander leaves and roasted cashew nuts. Accompany with steamed rice and crispy fried potatoes.
- Notes: Gravy beef or chicken thigh maybe used in place of Lamb shanks.