- Wash rice well in running water, then soak in cold water overnight.
- Strain rice in a colander and place in a steamer. Cover and cook for 45 mins. Remove and allow to cool.
- Skim 100ml of coconut milk from the top of the can. Keep aside to finish dish. Add remaining coconut milk to cooled rice, with dissolved pinch of salt. Add sugar syrup. There is no need to chill rice if you are using it on the same day.
- If using fresh mango, cut in half and discard seed. Peel each half, slice and ‘fan’ decoratively on plate.
- Top with the coconut cream and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.