- Heat up oil in wok or pan and fry peanuts until crispy.
- Fry the lotus root slices for 2-3 minutes until soft and slightly browned on the edges. Transfer out and keep the oi in wok.
- Heat oil in wok and stir-fry garlic, ginger, dried chillies, Sichuan peppercorn and half of the spring onions over medium heat until aromatic.
- Place cooked lotus root pieces in and add in stir-fry sauce. Mix well.
- Simmer for 1 or 2 minutes over low heat and add water starch and continue to cook until the sauce is well thickened.
- Add toasted peanuts and give a big stir-fry to mix everything well.
- Garnish chopped springs onions and serve hot with steamed rice.