- Clean and trim chicken feet.
- Rub the raw chicken feet with sea salt and let sit for about 15 mins.
- Rinse with tap water and drain in a colander.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan on high, fry the chicken feet until they are lightly brown.
- Plunge the fried chicken feet into ice water and let sit for about 1 hr. Drain and set aside.
- Heat chicken stock in a pot with ginger slices.
- Add the chicken feet and all the remaining ingredients, except spring onions, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and let simmer for about 15 mins.
- Remove cover and simmer until the chicken feet are tender.
- Stir from time to time to coat chicken feet as the sauce reduces.
- Add more chicken stock if required and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Add in the bean sprouts 1 min before removing from heat.
- Garnish with green chilli and serve.
- You can store the chicken feet in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat the next day before serving.