- Cut radish into 2cm cubes and place in a large bowl. Add salt and sugar and mix well. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hr.
- To make the kimchi base, blend together the brown onion, red apple and the fish sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the water and rice flour together. Microwave for 1 min, or until the mixture is similar to a mildly runny porridge in texture. Then in a medium-sized bowl, combine the two mixtures along with the minced garlic and ginger.
- Return back to the radish after sitting for 1 hr. Rinse the radish in a colander under cold water for a couple of times, leave for a few mins to drain any excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the radish and mix through 2 tbsp of Korean chili flakes. Add in the chopped spring onions and the prepared kimchi base. Stir through and mix well.
- Spoon the radish kimchi into an air tight glass container and leave to stand at room temperature overnight, then move the jar into the fridge.