To Make Stock
- Place Stock ingredients and water into a pot, bring to boil. Skim off any impurities. Simmer for about 15 mins. Strain out vegetables and anchovies, discard. Set stock aside.
To Make Noodle Soup
- Bring the stock to a boil again and add zucchini, carrot, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add in the noodles and vongoles (optional). Cook until the noodles are cooked and the shells of vongoles have opened. Add spring onions towards the end of cooking time.
- Serve noodles in individual bowls with seasoned soy sauce.
- You can use chicken stock instead of making the anchovies stock.
- You can add precooked noodles to stock to have a clearer soup.