- Bring water to boil in a kettle.
- Place eggs in the half-boiled eggs maker and gently pour boiling water to fill the container up to the ‘2 eggs’ marking. Water levels vary depending on the number of eggs you add into the container.
- The half-boiled eggs maker drips and drains the boiling water into the catchment below. This will take about 5mins to make 2 half-boiled eggs. Note: If using a saucepan, bring water to boil and remove from heat and immediately. Gently lower eggs into saucepan with a slotted spoon. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove one egg from saucepan and carefully crack into a small bowl. If egg is cooked with no transparent whites, remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon.
- Spread kaya over two slices of toast and place a thick layer of cut, chilled butter on each toast. Top with remaining two slices. Cut into triangles or fingers. Serve toast and kaya jam with eggs, along with dark and light soy sauces and white pepper for seasoning.
- Premade kaya can be found in Asian grocers and in selected supermarkets. However, if you’d prefer making your own kaya from scratch, click here for the recipe. Link to kaya recipe.