- Combine all ingredients (except coriander and scallions) in a small sauce pan.
- Simmer for 3-5 mins to infuse flavour and thicken slightly.
- Place drumsticks in a shallow dish and pour cooled marinade over. Leave for 30 mins to marinate.
- Remove chicken from marinade and return liquid to sauce pan.
- Preheat hooded BBQ on low. Place chicken on BBQ and close hood. Turn regularly, closing the lid each time to maintain heat (approx. 30 mins).
- Cook rice, turmeric and salt as per your preference.
- Heat remaining marinade.
- Place cooked drumsticks on a bed of rice, pour the heated marinade over and garnish with coriander and scallions.