- Pour flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add in water and whisk into a smooth, runny paste. Cover with cling wrap and allow to rest in the fridge for about 30 mins. Meanwhile, chop up the vegetables.
- In a sauce pan or small pot, combine all the okonomiyaki sauce ingredients and allow to simmer on low heat for about 1 min, stirring constantly to ensure the sauce does not burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and crack in 4 eggs. Whisk to combine. Add in cabbage, mushrooms and ¾ of the spring onions. In a large pan, add about 1 tsp oil and ladle in ¼ of the batter. Spread the batter into a circle. Make a small well in the centre. Cook for about 2-3 mins or until the pancake has browned underneath (keep checking to make sure it’s not burning). Just before flipping, break an egg into the centre and top with 3 rashers of bacon. Using two spatulas, flip the pancake and cook for a further 2 mins or until golden brown.
- Transfer the pancake to a serving plate. Repeat the process until the remaining batter has been used. Add dried anchovies to the pan and cook for about 1 min or until crispy.
- Brush okonomiyaki sauce generously on top of each pancake. Squeeze kewpie mayonnaise on top and sprinkle with remaining spring onions, crispy anchovies and pickled ginger. Enjoy!