- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Cut off the corn of the cob, making sure you do not discard the cobs.
- On a baking sheet, add olive oil, salt, paprika and the corn kernels and mix with your hands making sure the ingredients are properly combined.
- Put the corn in the preheated oven for 15 mins.
- Put the butter in heavy soup pot and add the onion and some salt. Cook until the onion slices are clear.
- Add the corn kernels, water and cobs. Add more water if the cobs are not covered.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat to medium-low heat and simmer for 15 mins. Remove the cobs after 15 mins.
- Blend the soup to ensure a creamy and smooth consistency.
- For better consistency, strain the soup.
- Return the soup to the pot, adding the cream and milk, based on your preference. Simmer for 10 minutes ensuring that you stir often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle out the soup portions and garnish with olive oil and parsley.