To make Jian Bing
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together flour, salt and warm water with a spatula.
- When the dough comes together, coat with 1 tsp of oil. Cover with cling wrap and let it rest for 60 mins.
- After rested, coat the work surface with oil and roll out dough.
- Divide into 4 portions and roll out each portion until paper-thin or translucent.
- Heat up a large frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and lay one rolled dough portion on the pan.
- Crack an egg immediately in the centre and lightly beat the egg with a fork to evenly spread around the dough.
- Once the bottom has turned golden brown, drizzle 1 tsp of oil on the egg surface before flipping over. Let it cook until the other side turns golden brown.
- Mix sweet bean sauce, hot chilli bean sauce and hot chilli oil together and spread onto the pancake. Then sprinkle some chopped spring onion, cilantro and toasted sesame on top.
- Place a piece of baby cos lettuce and roll the pancake up. Eat while it’s hot!