- Marinade the chicken wings with the marinade ingredients for at least 2 hrs.
- With a dry fry pan, toast the rice until browned, stirring often as it cooks. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind until they become powdery grains.
- In a small saucepan, add in the sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Simmer for 2-3 mins then turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Add some oil to a grill pan and heat the pan on high. When the pan is hot, reduce the heat to medium low and place the wings on the grill. Grill for about 12 mins or when one side is cooked, then flip and cook for another 12 mins or when the other side is cooked.
- Once the wings are cooked, turn up the heat to char the wings on both sides, about 1-2 mins each side.
- Place the wings and sauce in a large bowl and toss to coat well.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with chillies, coriander and sprinkle the rice grains. Serve.