- Cut 100g of barramundi fillet into small pieces and put in a food processor or use a mortar and pestle to make fish paste.
- Put coconut cream, fish sauce, rice flour, red curry paste, turmeric powder and crack egg into the bowl.
- Using a large wooden spoon, mix all ingredients together until combined then, add fish paste into the bowl. Keep stirring fish paste for about 2-3 mins until the fish paste is a bit sticky.
- Add 300g medium size cut barramundi into the bowl then, add all basil leaves and 2 julienned kaffir lime leaves. Gently mix through.
- Prepare banana leaf by putting one banana leaf onto the kitchen bench (shiny side down) then put another sheet of banana leaf on top (if you have small pieces of banana leaf you can put 3-4 pieces on top of each other).
- Put fish curry in the center of the banana leaf then fold the leaf to cover the fish curry, using wooden toothpicks to make banana leaf parcels. Continue until all of the fish curry is finished.
- Place the banana leaf parcels on BBQ grill, cook for 20-25 mins or until the fish mixture is cooked.
- Before eating, open banana parcel and garnish with julienned kaffir lime leaves and sliced chillies (if you like).
- Enjoy Grilled Barramundi Curry in Banana Leaf.
- If you don’t have banana leaf you can put the fish mixture onto baking paper and wrap it with aluminum foil then prepare with the same method above (but you will lose the banana leaf smoked flavor in your fish curry).