- Make base dashi stock by soaking kombu, water and shiitake mushrooms in a bowl overnight refigerated.
- After soaking, pour base stock into saucepan and remove the seaweed and mushrooms from the pot. Add in the dashi, soy sauce, mirin, cooking sake and bonito flakes and bring to boil. Take off heat and leave for 15 minutes, then remove the bonito flakes.
- Cut the white section of the spring onions to 5cm length batons and gently char using a grill or torch. Julienne the green parts of the spring onions and place in an ice bath til it curls.
- In a cold fry pan, place in duck breast skin side down and cook on medium-high heat until skin is golden brown. Flip the duck breast and pan fry on other side for 2 mins.
- Place duck breast onto an oven tray with skin side up, and cook in the oven for a further 5-6 mins.
- Once ready, wrap each duck breast with aluminium foil for a few mins. Once ready, slice the duck breasts.
- Prepare Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodles as according to the pack instructions.
- Divide noodles into bowls, and pour over hot soup and place sliced duck breast on top. Garnish with charred spring onions and spring onion curls.