- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pork chops between two sheets of cling wrap. Pound the meat using a meat mallet or the back of a knife until about 1.5-2 cm thick. Season with salt and pepper, and then set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add panko breadcumbs and toast until golden brown. Transfer to a plate or tray.
- Add flour onto a separate dish.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk well.
- Coat pork in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and allow excess to drip off. Coat in panko breadcrumbs, and then place onto prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 15 mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Spread butter or margarine onto the slices of bread.
- Add shredded cabbage on one side of each sandwich. Drizzle tonkatsu sauce over the cabbage.
- Place tonkatsu on top of the cabbage. Place bread on top and slice sandwich in half. If preferred, slice off crusts before serving.