- In a medium bowl, mash 6 hard-boiled eggs with a fork, add mayonnaise and mix well. Alternatively, use a food processor to blend the eggs with mayonnaise until desired texture.
- Season the mashed eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped spring onions.
- Slice to remove crusts from bread slices.
- Halve the remaining two hard-boiled eggs.
- Place one half of a boiled egg vertically in the centre of a piece of bread, then spread the mashed egg filling around the egg covering the entire surface of the bread. Top with another slice of bread.
- Slice the sandwich in half vertically across the boiled egg to reveal the little surprise in the center. Repeat until all eggs and filling is used up.