To Cook Laksa Soup
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan, then add in the onion, ginger, garlic and lime zest. Stir for 1 min until onion is softened.
- Add in the laksa paste and stir for 2-3 mins or until it is aromatic.
- Add the chopped chicken and stir for 5 mins or until half cooked through.
- Scoop everything into a slow cooker and pour the chicken stock in.
- Add the lime juice, lemongrass and fish sauce, cook on high for at least 2 hrs.
- 30 mins before serving, add the coconut cream and continue cooking on high for 30 mins. Taste test and season with salt if required.
- Prepare the rice vermicelli according to the packet.
- Blanch the sliced bok choy and bean sprouts then set aside.
- Divide the noodles, eggs, bok choy and bean sprouts into serving bowls.
- Scoop laksa soup into the bowls and divide the chicken equally.
- Top with sliced red onions, coriander leaves, fried shallots and a lime wedge. Serve immediately.