- Cut open whole chicken breast and spread out.
- Crush lemongrass, garlic, salt, and pepper together, adding fish sauce, mix well. Marinade chicken with paste mixture for 2 hrs prior, or overnight in refrigerator.
For Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Pound red chilli and pickled garlic until become fine paste. Add sugar, salt, pickled garlic juice, vinegar, mix well until smooth. Place over low heat until slightly boils. Remove from heat and set aside.
For Spicy Chilli Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Insert the skewer through the chicken crosswise to spread out the chicken and place over charcoal grill with low heat until well cooked and brown both sides.
- Cut the barbecued chicken into large segments for serving with the 2 sauces with salads and/or steamed rice or sticky rice.
- Note: can be served with Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce