- In a bowl, marinate the chicken wings with the marinade ingredients for at least 1 hour.
- On a medium-low heat, toast the ginger slices, whole garlic cloves, star anise and spring onions for a couple mins.
- Drizzle in the sesame oil and turn the heat to low. Add in the chicken wings and stir fry till the chicken is browned on both sides.
- Add in the seasoning ingredients and water, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, put the lid on and lower the heat to a medium-low and simmer for about 25 mins until the sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked and tender.
- To serve, sprinkle sliced spring onions and coriander leaves over the chicken.