- Prepare all the ingredients for cooking. Marinate the meat. Blanch the noodles in boiling water for a few mins before draining. Fry the salted fish with the vegetable oil, keep the oil after cooking. Mix the seasonings together.
- Heat up the vegetable oil that was used to cook the salted fish. Add the garlic and shallots, cooking until aromatic. Then, add in marinated meat and shiitake mushrooms. Keep cooking until aromatic. Add in the seasoning mixture and water.
- Stir fry everything together and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and beansprouts. Toss to mix the noodles with the meat, beansprouts and sauce. Add any more seasonings if it’s not to your taste. Stir fry for another 2 mins.
- Heat up the claypot and transfer your stir-fry to the claypot. Make a well in the middle of the noodles and crack an egg on top. Garnish if you wish, put the lid on the clay pot and serve.
- Right before serving, stir the egg around in the claypot.