- In a pan, heat up oil over medium high heat and fry sliced lotus roots until crisp and lightly browned. Drain and set aside. Next, fry the potatoes until slightly browned. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to frying pan, add garlic, ginger, star anise, dried red chillies and chicken meat. Stir fry until cooked.
- Add rice wine, green & red chilli peppers, spring onions and potatoes. Stir fry until done.
- Add in chilli bean sauce, chicken bouillon, dark soy sauce, water and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish and arrange fried lotus roots on top. Serve.