- Place all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the spice mixture and stir-fry for 2 mins.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for 2-3 mins. Add the coconut cream, star anise, cinnamon, sugar, salt and tamarind puree.
- Reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the fish sauce and stir. Taste the curry. Season with salt and sugar if needed.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Spoon over curry.
- Top with coriander leaves. Sprinkle with reserved toasted coconut. Serve.