- Wash the chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Then chop into bite-sized pieces and mix with all the marinade ingredients and set aside to marinate for half an hour.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a wok over medium high heat. When the oil begins to smoke add the ginger, garlic and shiitake mushrooms and sauté until fragrant.
- Next add the radish and carrots and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the wok and add more vegetable oil. When the oil heats up, add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- When browned, mix the chicken with the vegetables and mix in ¾ cup of water and cover the wok with a lid.
- Let the chicken cook covered until it is done, and the sauce has reduced by half. Season with salt to taste.
- Make a simple corn starch slurry by mixing the corn starch with 2 tbsp water making sure there are no lumps. Then pour the slurry into the wok and mix well.
- The slurry will thicken the sauce after a while, so keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t become too thick.
- Stir in the spring onions and serve with cooked white rice.