- Mix the belacan, white pepper powder, coriander powder, salt, sugar and oil using a pestle and mortar until it becomes a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken wings into the belacan paste.
- Mix well and rub the paste into the chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1 hr, or even better, overnight.
- Heat up oil in a deep wok and deep fry the chicken wings for around 15 mins, until light brown, remove and set aside.
- Let chicken wings rest for approximately 1 mins.
- Turn the heat up and add the chicken wings to fry again for 5 mins.
- Once the wings are golden brown, remove and drain.