- In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken cubes and stir-fry until half cooked. Then, add curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, black pepper, curry leaves and salt. Stir to mix well and allow to cook for another few minutes.
- In the meantime, make a cornstarch slurry by mixing the chicken stock with 1 tbsp of cornstarch. Keep stirring while you pour the mixture into the chicken. Leave to simmer for a few minutes until the chicken mixture thickens. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6-8cm squares.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp of filling onto each square. Then fold pastry diagonally to form a triangle, and press the edges together with you fingers. To make sure the edges are sealed, press the edges with a fork. Transfer curry puffs to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat until all filling/pastry is used up.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Brush the curry puffs with egg wash, then bake for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool before serving. Careful, the filling gets piping hot when fresh out of the oven.