Vietnamese noodles and pork
chopped spring onions
rice wine vinegar
1. Finely chop half a bunch of spring onion, combine with 500g pork mince, 2 tbsp kecap manis, 2 cloves crushed garlic. Once combined, roll into 16 meat balls. Chill formed meatballs for 10 minutes covered in the fridge.
2. Use 2 tbsp peanut oil to cook meatballs in batches. Make sure to use plenty of oil to stop the meatballs don't burn or stick. set aside once cooked.
3. Pop spring rolls in the over to cook for 10 minutes. Cover rice noodles with boiling water for 10 minutes or until cooked.
4. While spring rolls and noodles are cooking, make sauce! Using the same pan and oil, add 2 finely chopped red chillis and fry for 2 minutes. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in 2 tbsp fish sauce, quarter cup lime juice, quarter cup rice wine vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, and quarter cup hot water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Chop up a bunch of fresh coriander and basil.
6. Drain noodles, divide into 4 bowls. Toss through meatballs. Drizzle sauce through. Add crunchy spring rolls to each bowl, then top with herbs.
Find your nearest Asian Store