- Rinse the tripe with water to clean it before heating up a large wok and combining it with the rest of the main ingredients.
- Cook the tripe until the water begins to boil before turning off the heat and letting the tripe cook off of residual heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tripe from the wok, rinse clean with cold water and then cut the tripe in to rectangular strips when it has cooled down.
- In a large pot, stir-fry the ginger slices and star anise in about 1 tbsp of oil until they become fragrant. Add the tripe strips and continue to cook on high for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the Shaoxing wine and cook the tripe for about 30 more seconds before adding the soy sauces, sugar, water, sesame oil and white pepper.
- Stir the ingredients until everything has been combined before bring the mixture up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about an hour and a half.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water and stir till well combined. Add this to the tripe mixture along with the sliced spring onions and turn the heat up to high.
- Mix the tripe well and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened and begins to coat the tripe. Remove the pot from the heat and served garnished with some sliced spring onions.