To Prep the Yam Crepes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the caster sugar, eggs, yam essence, oil, melted butter and milk until well combined.
- Sift over the cake flour, yam powder and salt, and whisk through until well combined, ensuring you do not overmix.
- Run the mixture through a sieve once to ensure there are no lumps, then set aside to rest for 30 mins.
To Cook the Yam Crepes
- Lightly grease a non stick pan with oil. Wipe off any excess oil to ensure pan is not greasy.
- Heat pan at medium heat for 2 mins.
- Once the pan is hot, lower heat, then add about 3 tbsp of batter, swirling the skillet as you add the batter to evenly coat the surface of the pan.
- Cook for about 30 secs per side or until lightly golden, then flip and cook another 30 secs or until the second side is golden.
- Gently remove crepe to a flat wide plate and allow to cool to room temperature before stacking.
- Repeat with remaining Yam Crepe mixture.
To Prep Cream Filling
- Combine heavy cream, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk to stiff peaks, being careful not to overbeat.
To Assemble Yam Crepe Cake
- Place one layer of crepe to a cake board, then spread 2 tbsp of cream filling evenly across the crepe.
- Repeat with remaining crepes and cream filling, then chill in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Just before serving, dust with yam powder, slice and enjoy.