- Prepare the watercress by separating the leaves from the stalks.
- Blanch the chicken carcasses in vigorously boiling water for 2-3 mins. Discard water and remove any impurities on the bones.
- Blanch the pork in vigorously boiling water for about 10 mins, then discard water. Remove any impurities on the pork.
- In a large pot, add the chicken carcasses, pork ribs, Chinese almonds, blacked eye peas and watercress stalks to 2l of water.
- Turn on the heat to medium high and allow to boil for an hour.
- After an hour, add the watercress leaves, red dates, and goji berries to the soup. Allow the soup to boil for at least another hour on medium heat.
- Season with salt to taste. Serve hot.