- Prepare somen noodles according to packet instructions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a wok or fry pan until it is hot.
- Add celery and carrot; sauté until tender. Add green onions, ginger, garlic and five-spice powder and sauté for another minute or two.
- Turn off heat. Add drained somen noodles to the wok and lightly toss with vegetable mixture through using a pair of tongs until thoroughly combined and noodles are heated through.
- Add sesame oil and light soy sauce and stir through.