- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make the marinade by mixing the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Generously coat the chicken with the marinade on all sides. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan, skin side down, and place in an oven preheated to 200°C.
- Roast the chicken skin-side down for 15 minutes, then turn it skin side up and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Cut the chicken into 8-10 pieces and serve with cooked white rice.