- Place noodles in boiling water for about 3 mins. Loosen up noodles with tongs. Drain well and set aside.
- Place warm water in a large bowl and stir through the coconut milk. Dip the rice paper in warm water and remove immediately. Place rice paper on a clean chopping board or plate.
- Layer the tofu or meat, lettuce, cucumber, herbs, carrot, cucumber and vermicelli at the end of the rice paper closest to you, bring the end of rice paper over ingredients, then fold the two sides of the rice paper into the middle to enclose the fillings and roll up the rice paper roll tightly.
- To make the sauce, place garlic, chillies and sugar in a mortar. Pound mixture into a paste. Add fish sauce, lemon/lime juice and water. Mix until the sugar is dissolved. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce and crushed peanuts.