- Mix together the chicken, half of the minced lemongrass and minced garlic, fish sauce, sugar, red chilli, and salt in to a large mixing bowl. Let the chicken marinate for at least 1 hr, but ideally overnight in the fridge.
- In a large wok/pan on high heat, add in the vegetable oil, and fry the remaining lemongrass and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the marinated chicken and and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and has begun to turn brown.
- Cover the chicken with a lid and cook for at least 5 minutes so that the chickien will be fully cooked through.
- Remove the lid and add in the onion and stir fry them until they soften and become translucent
- Remove the chicken from the heat and transfer it on to a serving plate. Garnish the dish with chilli flakes and, or coriander. Serve with a bowl of hot steamed rice and enjoy!