- Slice the uncooked pork thinly, about 1.5cm.
- Mix in the marinade with the pork. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Marinate the meat for at least one hour, or leave overnight for better results.
- Prepare a grill pan or bbq and grill the pork for about 10 mins until it is cooked. Alternatively, you can also pan fry the pork and then finish it by grilling it in the oven ensuring it does not overcook.
To Make the Sauce
- Combine water and sugar in a bowl.
- Add lime or lemon juice (adjust accordingly to taste).
- Add fish sauce in increments (adjust accordingly to taste).
- Top with garlic and chillies.
- Assemble your bowl with cooked vermicelli noodles, vegetables, noodles, and garnish. You may pour the nuoc cham sauce on top or serve it in a separate bowl to pour in just before eating.