- Whisk the fish sauce, sugar and crushed garlic in a bowl. Add the wings and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, tossing the wings occasionally.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of oil in a small skillet. Add the minced garlic, cook over moderate heat for about 3 mins until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 2 inches of oil to 350°C in a large pot. Pat the wings and dry on paper towels. Reserve the marinade.
- Put the corn starch in a shallow bowl, add the wings and turn to coat.
- Fry the wings in batches until golden and cooked through for about 10 mins. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a bowl.
- Simmer the marinade over in a small saucepan over moderately high heat and add ½ cup of water until syrupy for 5 mins.
- Strain over the wings and toss.
- Top with cilantro, mint and fried garlic. Serve immediately.