- To make sure that the papaya stays crisp, place the pieces in to a bowl of ice water after shredding them.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and the beef strips together in a zip-lock bag.
- Make sure that the beef is evenly coated before transferring to a fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the beef marinates, in a mixing bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients together and mix well.
- After the beef has marinated, remove the meat from the marinade and cook to medium. When the beef has cooked, let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain the papaya and then combine with the dressing and basil leaves. The beef can then be added and mix in to the salad or served alongside it.