- Place rice noodles in bowl and soak in room temperature tap water for 40-45 mins. Drain and cover with hot water for 2 mins until noodles are silky but still a touch firm.
- Mix sauce ingredients in small bowl adding ¼ cup water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 30 secs.
- Add Tofu and cook until golden.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the pan and pour the egg in on the other side. Scramble using the wooden spoon (add touch of extra oil if pan is too dry), then mix into Tofu.
- Add bean sprouts, noodles and then Sauce.
- Toss gently for about 1½ mins until Sauce is absorbed by the noodles.
- Add spring onions/ garlic chives and half the peanuts. Toss through quickly then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining peanuts, lime wedges on the side, a sprinkle of chilli and a handful of extra bean sprouts. Squeeze over lime juice to taste before eating.