- Place noodles in a bowl of boiling water and soak for 6-8 mins. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok over medium heat, add in garlic and sauté until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add in tofu and stir-fry until just cooked.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and zucchini, toss until vegetables are tender.
- Add Pad Thai paste and mix well. Stir in fish sauce, tamarind puree, sugar and chilli powder.
- Rinse rice noodles then add to wok and stir through. Push the mixture to one side of wok, then add beaten egg and allow it to cook slightly before tossing it through the noodles.
- Throw in the bean shoots and chives, stir thoroughly for 1 min.
- Dish out and garnish with peanuts, lime/lemon wedge, coriander and a dash of pepper.