- Add vegetarian oyster sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, water, white pepper, ginger and garlic into a bowl and mix together until fully combined. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring to avoid burning. Take off heat when sauce is reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- On a lined baking tray, coat sauce over tofu on both sides and bake for 20 mins. Flip and bake for another 20 mins.
- Add sushi seasoning into rice, mix and let sit for 15 mins.
- To shape sushi buns, spoon 2-3 tbsp of sushi rice into an egg ring and press to mold into shape. Place sushi buns on heated pan to sear the surface.
- Assemble the burger by adding avocado, spring onions, wasabi, pickled ginger, cucumber and desired amount of sauce before topping off black sesame seeds on top of sushi bun.