To Make the Dough
- Blend the spinach and water until smooth. Add more water if needed. Set aside ¼ cup of liquid.
- Combine the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Form a well in the middle.
- Pour in reserved spinach puree and ¼ cup of boiling water. Mix in with a wooden spoon. Add remaining water.
- Knead to form a ball. If too wet, add some more flour. Add more water if dough is too dry. Dough should be a soft texture.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 2 mins until dough is smooth and slightly elastic.
- Wrap dough tightly in cling wrap and allow to rest for 2 hrs at room temperature.
To Make the Filling
- Place spinach in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 mins, or until wilted.
- Place wilted spinach in a sieve and press to drain liquid, and then finely chop.
- Combine spinach with remaining filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then cover with cling wrap and set aside.
To Make Dumplings
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough into four equal-sized pieces. Cover 3 with cling wrap or a wet tea towel.
- Roll out dough until 2 mm thick.
- Use a round pastry cutter, egg ring or glass to cut out circles of dough about 9-10 cm in diameter.
- Add a heaped teaspoon worth of filling into the middle of a pastry circle. Wet the rim, then fold the dumpling, pleating on one side while squeezing to seal the top.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- In a pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Add dumplings and pan fry until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Slowly pour in ½ water and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 mins.
- Remove lid and continue to cook until water has evaporated and bottoms are golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- Serve dumplings with sauce of your choice.