- Place sushi seasoning ingredients in a small pan and simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear and place in a saucepan with the water. Cover and let it simmer until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
- Place rice in a glass bowl, add sushi seasoning and stir with a rice paddle, fanning until the rice is cool.
- Put a cookie mould or egg ring on a tray lined with baking paper. Press the rice into the moulds to form 4 burger shapes, sprinkling black sesame seeds on two of the shapes. Chill until needed.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, salt and water to make the fritter batter. Chill until needed.
- Place the pickling ingredients in a small pan and let it simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Let the mixture cool.
- Finely julienne the carrot and thinly slice the radish before adding both to the pickling mixture. Drain before serving.
- Trim the enoki mushrooms, to separate, chop the shiitake mushroom finely. Place 1 tbsp of flour (extra) in a freezer bag, toss the enoki mushrooms till coated, fold the shiitake mushrooms and coated enoki mushrooms into the prepared batter.
- Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan and spoon batter in, forming 2 patties. Fry until golden and cooked through.
- Mix the Kewpie Mayonnaise, Kewpie Dressing Roast Sesame and wasabi paste together and pour into a serving bowl.
- Slice the lotus root thinly and place in a bowl of water while heating the oil. Drain, pat dry and fry the lotus root until crisp and golden.
- Process the nori sheet until it forms small crumbs, add the ground salt and stir to combine.
- Place a sushi circle on the serving plate, top with lettuce, avocado, pickled carrot, garlic chives & cucumber, place a mushroom fritter on top, add the pickled radish and a few shimeji mushrooms. Drizzle with a little sesame and wasabi mayonnaise. Place the remaining sushi circle on the top to form the burger.
- Sprinkle the lotus chips with nori salt and serve with the remaining sesame & wasabi mayonnaise to dip.